Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Power Nut/Date Balls


1. I'm obsessed with Dates. 2. I'm obsessed with dates....can you guess what 3 is? Yes I love dates and I'm always snacking on these little things that provide so much energy! I wanted something fun so I used the extra walnuts and dates and came up with these!

Yields: 5 large balls
What you'll need:
1 cup of raw walnuts
.5 cup walnuts for coating
10 Medjool dates
Water (optional)

Directions:
1. Add walnuts to food processor and pulse until fine. Set aside in bowl.
2. Take pitted dates and place in food processor and blend till smooth. It will be sticky and depending on how fresh your dates are you may have to add some water to make smooth.
3. After smooth, add the pulsed walnuts and mix together. You will most likely have to scrape the sides of the processor. Very sticky.
4. Take mixture out of food processor and place into bowl.
5. Using a flat surface like a paper plate or cutting board place the extra walnuts onto a plate or flat surface and lightly crush. You can make the walnuts small or large pieces, but I used small chunks.
6. Using your hands roll into ball shapes. I made 5 from this recipe, but you could make them smaller.
7. Now roll the balls through the walnut mixture. Coating all sides. They are fairly soft so make sure not to crush them.

*I have also seen people use goji berries, almonds, chocolate chips, flax and other toppings as well. Totally your performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment