Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Raw Apple Crumble



I've been in the mood for apple crisp but as I am trying to eat more raw foods I came up with a raw alternative. I'm a huge fan of dates so I use them often when I'm "baking" raw foods or just want something sweet. I also found raw gluten free oats at Whole Foods which I use when making dessert type foods. They aren't so good plain but great when mixing foods. So here it is; super quick and easy. If you want you could also bake.





What you'll need:

1 honeycrisp apple  or your favorite 
1 cup raw oats
5 pitted dates
1/4 cup water
1 tsp raw agave (optional)
Nutmeg
Cinnamon

Directions:

In a food processor process the oats. 
Then add the dates and mix. It may be dry so water can be added here. 
Add agave if desired and mix. It should all stick together.
Cut your apples into chunks or wedges.
Place apples in bowl and crumble toppings on top. (Is sticky so more like place)
Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Top with any other ingredients.


Baked:



No comments:

Post a Comment