Sunday, October 13, 2013

Week 1 Review: GoRaw Banana Bread Flax Bar

Go Raw: Banana Bread Flax Bar
Gluten Free-Wheat Free-Nut Free-100% organic
 
 
All Live (Dried under 105 F-All Seeds Sprouted-No GMOs-No Trans Fat-No Cholesterol-All Hand Made-All Raw Kitchen-All family Owned)

Go Raw, is a small company who is developing tasty raw products with everyone in mind. I am a huge fan of Go Raw and appreciate their creativity and efforts for more raw foods.

Where to buy?
   Any specialty grocery store. I purchased mine at Whole Foods but I have seen them at Wegmans and Trader Joes. Also on their website at http://www.goraw.com/

How much?
   $ 2.99

What is in it?
   Sprouted Organic Flax Seeds, Organic Banana, Organic Coconut (unsulphured), Organic Date

Nutrition Facts:

Serving Size: 1 bar                          Vitamin A: 0%
Calories: 190                                   Vitamin C: 4%
Total Fat: 9g                                    Calcium: 4%
Cholesterol: 0mg                             Iron: 0%
Sodium: 5mg
Total Carb: 25g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
Sugars: 12g
Protein: 3g



My Thoughts:

I was overall very impressed and the taste was true to its name. The bar tasted just like banana bread but with a different texture. If you like bananas this bar is for you. A very convenient food and great if in a hurry. From a nutrition standpoint, I believe that the calories and nutritional value are worth it. The amount of beneficial and organic ingredients are like no other and packed with all of my favorite foods and go to ingredients.


For the price; its definitely something I would not buy or eat everyday but it is a great option! The texture was also a little weird for me and was kind of tuff to chew; this may be a common theme among raw foods but since this is my first dehydrated bar I am not sure. I cut it into 3 slices so I could eat it later, very cutable.

 Overall, my roommates and I give the GoRaw Banana Bread Flaxbar a thumbs up and would definitely recommend and eat it again.
Check out their website at http://www.goraw.com/ for more products and details.

No comments:

Post a Comment