Friday, June 13, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies with Mint and Date Filling

Who doesn't like eating raw cookie dough? This girl does, and thanks to vegan batter you and I can do just that. I have never been much of a sweet or chocolate fan but recently, that has changed. Id consider myself a "cook" who likes to create and prepare dishes, but ask me to bake and that is a whole other topic. Mostly because I just cant follow a recipe; I am always adding extra ingredients or taking something out. I just throw things in a pan or a bowl and keep tasting as I go, but when baking that just does not fly very well.



With these chocolate chip cookies from OhSheGlows.com I just had to add extra ingredients, not because I didn't think the recipe was "good" enough but rather I like adding different ingredients. I added 3 tbsp of raw agave and 4 tbsp of peanut butter. Why peanut butter? As I was placing the dough on the cookie sheet, my dad who loves Chocolate Chip cookies from Nancy B's Bakery in West Homestead, Pittsburgh; walks in the kitchen and goes, Nancy B's uses peanut butter you know? So in went the peanut butter. If any of you are from "Pixburgh" and have visited the bakery, you know why they are so famous in Pittsburgh. nancybsbakery They are HUGE, I mean massive and are so chewy, soft and addictive, but not vegan. The cookies from OhSheGlows, with the addition of a few ingredients, made me forget the taste of my dads favorite cookies which are currently staring at me on the kitchen counter. Don't worry the vegan ones are right next to them!!




As for the filling, it is super sweet and and delicious.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 cup vegan butter (I use original Earth Balance)
6 Medjool Dates
6 fresh mint leaves.

Directions:

Add all of the ingredients in a mixer and mix till smooth. The filling will be sticky and thick. Place between 2

No comments:

Post a Comment