Friday, June 27, 2014

Easy Breakfast Cookies

I have to admit I have never really liked sweets. Give me a bag of pretzels and they will be gone in no time, but sweets that's a different story. For some reason this morning I wanted something sweet and on the healthier side so I created a healthy(er) oatmeal cookies! 


What you'll need: (makes 8 medium cookies) 

1 cup rolled oats 
1 flax egg (1:1 water and flax)
1/2 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened)
2 tbsp of almond butter (any nut butter will work)
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar 
Pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp of cinnamon 
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips ( I use SunSpire vegan carob chips)
2 tbsp of craisins 


Directions: 

1. Turn on oven to 375
2. Combine flax and water and place in fridge for about 10 minutes.
3. Combine all other ingredients (including flax egg) and let sit for 10 minutes allowing for apple cider vinegar to react.
4. Place on cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
5. Serve 

No comments:

Post a Comment