Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Baked Avocado--wrap

Oh my were these good. I saw a post by Native Foods and had to recreate it, so here's what I came up with.



What you'll need: yields 1 serving
1 avocado

1/3 cup plain soy milk
1/2 tsp vegetable oil

2tbs whole wheat flour (for coating)

1/4 cup flax meal
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp season salt
2 tbs quick oats

Directions:
1. Turn on oven to 400 degrees
2. Whisk milk and oil and sit aside
3. Place flour in bowl and sit aside
4. Place rest of ingredients in bowl and mix
5. For the avocado I cut in half and pealed the skin off, I used a semi hard avocado with no brown. If too soft it will be hard to coat. Take the skin off and cut into strips; about 4 strips per half avocado.
6. Coat with flour, then milk and oil mixture then in seasoning mixture until evenly coated. Use hands/spoon if needed.
7. Place on baking sheet tray with wax or parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes; turning over about half way through. Cook until browned/slightly crispy.

I used mine and made a wrap using cilantro/garlic hummus (recipe on recipe page) red leaf lettuce, onion, tomato and peppers!

Sweet potato fries:
I used coconut oil and sprinkled with season salt.



No comments:

Post a Comment