Thursday, May 9, 2013

My daily meal plan:

So I was asked what do I eat in a typical day. Here is just an example of what a typical day consists of:

Breakfast:
I always eat fruit for breakfast and a lot of it. Either in a fruit or veggie form and a large glass of water
If raw fruit I may eat:
  • an apple
  • an orange
  • a banana
  • a pear
  • watermelon
  • strawberries
In a smoothie form
  • my favorite combo is strawberries, mango, 1-2 bananas, peaches, ice and water-I dont use any milk or yogurt. I personally think its added calories and fat that I dont need.
In a juice form:
  • look under my recipes page under juice for some ideas.
Snack 1:
I will choose one of these options:
  • cucumber or peppers with hummus--I loveee hummus
  • watermelon
  • 1 serving of salt free pretzels
  • any fruit or veggie
Lunch:
I will usually eat a salad or wrap. With tons of veggies and fruit. Fruit is great on salads; my favorite is strawberries or blueberries. As for dressing I use hummus, guacamole, homemade Italian dressing  lemon or lime juice. I think people will eat a salad but they put a gallon of ranch or a creamy dressing and that's just wasted calories. I will also add raisins and roasted seeds, beans, ect

For a wrap it will be like a salad in a wrap, and on occasion I will add meatless chicken or tofu. Also a large glass of water and some kind of fruit or veggie on the side. I use Ezekiel bread or flax wraps.

Snack 2:
Same as snack 1; just a different combo and water.

Dinner:

Dinner is usually always plant based. I eat tonsss of veggies but on occasion I will have pasta/qunioa/brown rice/lentils with pesto, homemade red sauce, mixed veggies or like a Marsala sauce.
Other options:
  • veggie burgers
  • tofu cooked-baked or grilled
  • tempeh-only have eaten it a few times, not always sure what to do with it.

I am obsessed with sweet potatoes so I eat a lot of those. I make a lot of things as I go or what ever I have on hand

Snack 3:
I tend to stay up late and eat dinner around 6 or 7 so by 12 I'm hungry so ill have some veggies or fruit.

As you can see I eat a lot of veggies and fruit and drink about a gallon of water a day. I'm not perfect so I do eat chocolate and some unhealthy foods on occasion.



2 comments:

  1. I've been a vegan for years and am just now really getting into eating more healthy. Forever I was just a grain/processed food vegan. I picked up running almost 2 months ago, envoy was also when I picked up being a "healthy" vegan. Now all I crave is raw fruits and veggies.
    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not envoy....*and that*

    ReplyDelete