Thursday, May 9, 2013

Loaded Baked Potato

One of my favorite foods before I started my healthy journey was stuffed baked potatoes with a pound of salt and butter and cheese. So I wanted to create something healthier.

What you'll need: (1 serving)
1 sweet potato
1/3 cup broccoli
1/4 cup shaved carrots (I used a veggie peeler)
1/4 cup diced mushrooms
1/3 cup diced tomato's
1/2 tbs earth balance butter
1.5 tbs finely chopped cilantro (more or less to taste)
Dash of salt and pepper

Directions:
Bake sweet potato in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until soft.
Cook all the veggies (I used Pam spray and water and just softened them)
Take out of oven and let the potato cool.
After cooled, cut potato in half and take out the filling and place into a bowl. While in bowl add butter cilantro salt and pepper and mix well.
Next, place mixture back into the empty potato skin shell.
Finally top with veggies and serve



No comments:

Post a Comment