Friday, May 10, 2013

Sweet Potato Chips

I have always really liked sweet potato fries but they were usually fried and full of salt so until I became vegan Ive tried to make them more guilt free!

You'll need:
A large or small sweet potato, depending on how much you want to make
Oil-I use coconut but olive will do

(to taste)
Rosemary
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Turn on oven to 400 degrees(I use a convection oven; so cooks pretty fast)
I use a serrated knife and cut the sweet potato in thin round circles (you could also cut into strips)
I lightly grease the pan with oil or you could put on wax paper
I place the sweet potato's on the pan leaving room between each piece
I next will sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper (I am a huge fan of Rosemary so you could also sprinkle some on if you want)
Next, place in oven for about 15 minutes
Take out of oven and flip over so both sides are brown
Place in oven for another 15 minutes
Take out and serve

--the time may vary depending on how thick or thin the strips/slices are or how crispy you like them.


No comments:

Post a Comment