Thursday, May 9, 2013

My mouth is on fireeeee!

So I made this recipe for Cauliflower bites and OMG were they good! They were super spicey, not much of a huge hot sauce fan but after being in the fridge for a few hours it helped.

What you ll need:
1 head of cauliflower
1 cup milk (I used organic soy milk-but any non dairy milk will do)
1-1.5 cup whole wheat flour (or regular)
1.5-2 tbs garlic powder
.5 tbs oregano
.5 tbs of cumin
pinch of salt and pepper
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1-2 cups Buffalo sauce (I used Franks hot sauce but you could also use Cholula but not sure if that one is vegan or not)(I also added more on top after they came out of the oven)

Directions:

Turn oven onto 450 degrees (I use a convection oven)
You will need to break (or cut) the cauliflower into small pieces (or large depending on what you like)
Combine all the indigents and mix well in a large ixing bowl.
Add cauliflower to the bowl and I suggest using your hands so its coated evenly. (it ake be somewhat sticky) I had to add a little extra milk because it was pretty thick or you could reduce the amount of flour.
Place the coated cauliflower on a baking sheet that is covered with parchment paper/wax paper and bake for about 20 minutes or until crispy/golden
Take out of oven and coat with hot sauce
Bake for about another 10 minutes or so until crispy


Enjoy and be prepared to drink a glass of milk or a loaf of bread if your not a fan of spicy foods.
--recipe adapted from @irresistablyvegan 

No comments:

Post a Comment