Thursday, May 9, 2013

Real Fruit Ice cream

Many people will ask how did you give up dairy; either cheese or milk? To be honest, it was pretty easy, because prior to living a vegan lifestyle, when I lost 100 pounds I did not eat any dairy products. I did though eat dairy when it was an ingredient in a dish; but that was pretty rare so transiting to vegan was not that hard for me. Its just those food item that say May(does) contain dairy or milk.

 One thing Ive always loved was vanilla ice cream, and only vanilla nothing else. So when I was craving ice cream last month I thought why not use the fruit and soy milk in my fridge and make it happen...so here it is dairy free homemade ice cream!

You will need to use 1 cup of fruit: frozen or fresh
1/2 cup dairy free milk

Blender of some sort or food processor

Place the milk and fruit in blender and mix until a thick constancy, you can always add more fruit or milk as you go. When I cook I never measure anything just add as I go....I get that from my mom!


Next place in freezer for about 30 minutes and you have ice cream (if you use frozen fruit it wont take as long to freeze)

Below is strawberry and Mango:


No comments:

Post a Comment